Wednesday 7 June 2017

[Update: 08/06/2017] It's polling day...

...and this blog is apolitical, etc, but some things need to be addressed.


The same newspaper also helpfully pointed out:


Which was subsequently retracted, alongside their assertion that you can't get AIDS from heterosexual sex, football fans at Hillsborough urinated on police officers, and their unswerving support for the Iraq war until the Chilcot report.

As for this:

Well, can we really take it seriously when their high quality journalism dismisses the issues at hand and asks:


And I thought my Brexit article was childish. (I would mention the irony of the piece about saving the NHS, but my sense of humour's just packed up.)

Bullshit's one thing, but it fascinates me how smear campaigns such as these are still considered acceptable. Perhaps I'm naïve, or outdated in my sincere belief that conglomerates with media investments shouldn't, under any circumstances, have any influence on political life.

Okay, maybe that is naïve.

Whatever. Vote how you want, okay? Just don't let the lies influence you. 'Cos that's what they are, and frankly it makes us look pathetic in the eyes of the world.